Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Avant Garden

A very sweet friend af mine gifted my an entire fat quarter bundle of Avant Garden for Christmas.  Yay! I have had the pattern picked out for a while now, and even had the fabrics paired together already.  I was just waiting for a few free moments to get started.  This newest group of snow days was just what I needed.

My first pair of fabrics turned out great!!!  I LOVE how they turned out.


I couldn't wait to get the next group done.



Not as awesome. I think the colors were too similar and although I thought there was enough difference in the size of the prints.  Not so much.  

So, I did some rearranging with my fabrics to make sure there was enough contrast.


Better!


I also took out some of the biggest prints and replaced them with a few solids.  Ahh.  So much better.

 

Here are a few of the bigger prints that I love that did not make the cut.  They will be on the back where I can enjoy them in their full glory.  :)

Thanks for stopping by.

Tracy

Linking up to Freshly Pieced

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tracy, thanks for commenting on my Greek crosses quilt :-) you showed up as no-reply blogger, so I'm replying this way. I see you're quite prolific! Wow!
    This Avant Garde line: does it include a Wonderland print (the flowers in the first photo) or did you mix that in?
    Cheers, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you were able to find me, I don't know why it is coming up no reply. I'm still trying to figure it all out. :)
    These all came together under the name Avant Garden. There are actually 5 different colorways of that flower print.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty fabrics and the pattern you chose is perfect for the fabric squares. The blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete