Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Hive Crashing

Since I had pulled a bunch of fabric inspiration for my Stash Bee blocks already, and the fabric was just staring at me, I decided to go ahead and whip up a few more blocks.  LOVE them!!


I'm loving this color palette!!

And then I decided to crash a few of the other hives.

Diana chose a purple and grey disappearing 4 patch which was super quick and easy.  And Cyndi picked a simple heart block in red.  Both came together very quickly.


And then I saw Stephanie's pick.  It is a fantastic scrap block!!  And since I am always looking for a great scrap quilt, I knew that I had to give it a try!  I just love it, and have decided to use this as a leaders and enders quilt for the year. 


My basket of 2 1/2 inch scrappy strips is always growing and this will be a great way to try and tame it!!  Just look at this overflowing basket...


I plan to just keep a stack of 2 1/2 inch squares next to the machine and sew them into pairs between other projects.  In no time at all this basket should make a pretty little quilt.  :)

Thanks for the inspiration Stephanie!

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment