Pages

Friday, May 22, 2015

Granny square progress

Welcome summer!!!

This has been a full week of end of school activities for all the boys; award ceremonies, promotions, parties, picnics.... but school is out and summer is here!

I managed to squeeze in just a few minutes of sewing here and there and finished up my granny square blocks.


I trimmed them all up by lining my ruler's 1/4 inch mark just to the right of the colorful points all the way up one side.


Here it is all squared up.  It finished at 11 3/4 inches  square.

Here are all 25 laid out and ready for sashing.


This picture really makes the purple stand out.  Yikes!  This is making me rethink that choice of purple.  It is not quite as bright in real life, but it does still stand out.

Thanks for stopping by!

Tracy

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the solids you chose. I have my own FQ bundle of Briar Rose waiting for it's turn under the knife!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blocks look awesome! Can't wait to see the completed quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to make a granny squares quilt. Your colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should be so proud of these blocks. Really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got my Granny Square quilt from the quilters. I love it. Yours is bright and cheerful. I know whoever receives it will love it too.
    Jane in KS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these bright colors. I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete