Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

Tone It Down - Finished!

I am on a role this month! I had so many "almost finished" projects that had to go on hold before Christmas in order for me to finish up Christmas gifts.  Now it seems like I am just whipping them out!  Such a great feeling.

Last year, I saw this quilt on allpeoplequilt.com and fell in love!  I love all things scrappy and knew instantly that I would be making it.  The top actually came together pretty quickly (maybe because I was obsessed with it).  But then sadly, it was added to the pile of quilt tops to one day be quilted.  It really is shameful how many beautiful tops I have just sitting and waiting to become a quilt.  So, a few weeks before Christmas as I was working all hours to try and finish up two hand quilted quilts (for my youngest son and my aunt), I decided to send 2 of my quilt tops to a dear friend who has started a long arm business.  How fun to get this back in the mail within a couple of weeks! I finished the binding last night and within minutes I found a boy wrapped in it on the couch doing homework.  Yay!!!

Here it is... my version of Tone It Down.
 I love that up close you can see all the fun little prints, but step back and you can see this great all over design.
 My sweet friend Shirley quilted an all over floral design that left the quilt nice and soft.
 It is backed with a sweet Gracie Girl print from Lori Holt.  I love the little telephones and the colors were just perfect.
Yay for another finish!

Thanks for stopping by,
Tracy

9 comments:

  1. Love your version of this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the versions of this quilt that I come across. Yours is beautiful. Great job on some finishes already this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful quilt you made!
    Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is beautiful! Well done. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finish! Yet another one on my list of quilts I want to make, and you did a spectacular job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! So pretty! I've wanted to make this for years. Maybe, I will this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors! Absolutely beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're totally right -- so much better to see a boy wrapped in a quilt on the sofa than a beautiful quilt top languishing in a closet!! and you're helping your friend get her business off the ground too! win-win.

    ReplyDelete