Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2017

A new year, a new rainbow of scraps!

January's color is Purple.  I have plenty of purple scraps, but before I could dig into the bins I had to come up with a plan.

I searched through my Pinterest boards and quilt books and finally settled on 2 new blocks to work on this year for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

First up is a simple cross quilt with lots of low volume fabrics.  I love playing with low volume so this should be a lot of fun.



And my second block was inspired by this amazing quilt by Lynn Harris from her book Every Last Piece.  So beautiful!!


I have lots of scrappy solid pieces and lots of cut off triangles that I just can't bring myself to throw away.  Perfect.




Ta-da!

My first month of scrappy blocks are done.

Thanks for stopping by!

Tracy

12 comments:

  1. What a FUN quilt that is going to be!! I've got some triangle off-cut saved, too. No!! I don't need another RSC project for this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, these are both so lovely, looking forward to watching them grow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Off to a great start! Both perfect patterns for putting your scraps to great use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great ideas and great blocks! Glad you are joining us this year; it will be fun to see your scraps grow into a beautiful quilt or two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the scraps on the purple. Can't wait to see more. You are off to a good,start. Have a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The little blocks that look like butterflies are such a great idea! I'm going to keep that in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like lots of fun- enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These blocks are all adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you love Lynn's book? So inspiring. Your blocks are wonderful and it will be fun to see them multiply.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely rainbow scrap projects
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you like the idea - hoping it opens some new doors to creativity for us : )




    escape games
    online escape games
    new escape games
    point and click games

    ReplyDelete