Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2015

My Michael Miller Quilt top is done!!

Woo Hoo!  It is done and done.  Quilt top and backing.



And it is HUGE!  98x106.  This picture taken under overcast skies just doesn't do it justice.  The colors are so vibrant and fun.  This was quite an endeavor, but worth every minute.


Thanks to my very frugal cutting and saving of every little piece, I was left with quite a few big pieces of fabric.  I had also inherited some friends' leftovers so I was able to use those bits and pieces before cutting into the pieces from my kit.  I decided to try and piece a backing from only leftovers.  I envisioned a very wonky and scrappy backing.  But thanks to the 4 yards of the black roses that I already had on hand, it was not as scrappy as I originally thought it would be.


I had about 2 yards of the black left from my kit, so with the extra 4 yards I was able to get the 2 sides done.  Then I thought I might have enough of the green left to be done with a green strip down the middle.  But, wouldn't you know it, not quite wide enough.  I had about 1/2 yard of the stripes left.  EXACTLY enough for (6) 3" strips to go on either side of that green.  Not only the perfect size, but I actually love the way it turned out!

Since my roll of batting is only 92 inches wide it looks like I'll be piecing some batting this week too.  :P

Thanks for stopping by!

Tracy

4 comments:

  1. Way to go. I agree your back looks great. I am sure Steve would be thrilled to sleep under this. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, you are an awesome sewer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun, bright quilt. It certainly was worth all the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it beautiful!! And also huge! But definitely worth the effort 😀

    ReplyDelete