Pages

Monday, August 3, 2015

What a summer!

All school year I dream of a relaxed summer of late nights and sleeping in, freedom from schedules and unfilled time stretched out before us.  This was NOT one of those summers.  But it was amazing!!

One of my oldest son's best friends moved to Japan last year.  He and his other buddies were crushed.  But, this amazing family invited the boys to come and visit them in Japan over the summer.  They were thrilled and started saving immediately.  The boys worked all year and each saved up enough to buy their plane tickets.  That is no small task as the tickets were quite expensive.  I happily volunteered to chaperone the journey.  It was amazing!!












We were there for 2 weeks. When we came home, we had 10 days until our next adventure.  In that 10 days I had to shake off the jet lag, take part in a 3 day vintage market and repack for our family of 5 to travel from middle Tennessee to West Texas to go camping. It's a looong drive, but worth it to spend time with my Dad, stepmom and sister camping where I was a kid.  So many memories made.







We are finally all home for good with less than a week until school starts.  Yikes, that went fast!

So, needless to say there was not much sewing happing and I have A LOT of catching up to do.
I got started last night and was able to catch up on my #starbotm, at least until later this week when the August block comes out. :)

Here are my blocks for June:


And July:


Next up is binding on my Aloha quilt and an August challenge for my retreat.

Thanks for stopping by!

Tracy

3 comments:

  1. Love your stars! Welcome home Quilty Friend! We missed you. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the peach/pink fabrics you put together. They look so fresh, cool, and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you've more than made up for lost time! Glad you had a wonderful summer making memories! :)

    ReplyDelete