Pages

Friday, August 7, 2015

Row by Row

Have you guys been "Rowing" this summer?  It is a fun nationwide shop hop.  This is my first year participating and it has been so much fun mapping out shops to stop at on every road trip.  I have discovered some fun shops and happy, quilty people.



 

I have been traveling around so much this summer that I haven't had time to do much sewing.  But, now that summer is coming to a close and the kiddos are headed back to school, it is time to bust out all of those patterns I've collected and get down to business.

This year's theme is water.  A pretty broad topic that can be interpreted many different ways.  I've got rows about bathtime, rain, rivers, deep sea and of course the beach.  I decided to pull out the beachy rows first.  Here are my first 4 finished rows:


First up is a row from Quilt 'n Sew Studio in Katy, TX titled "It's 5:00 Somewhere.


Next up is a set of beach balls from The Dancing Bobbin in Spring Hill, TN, our very own LQS!


Cute little crabs from Couture Sewing Center in Macon, GA.  After this quilt is all put together I'll be adding cute little button eyes on these guys.


Finally, some fun flip flops from My Girlfriend's Quilt Shoppe in Logan, UT.  Once these are quilted I'll be adding straps and buttons to these as well.


A great start I'd say!  There are A LOT of applique rows which is not typically what I chose to do, but these have all been so cute!

I'll share some more rows next week as I get a few more done.

Thanks for stopping by!
Tracy

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that I'm envious. I have collected some of the Row by Row patterns from the local shops but none of them would go together well in a quilt. You've got some great rows! I think come November once shops are allowed to, I'm going to be ordering some of the rows from farther away.

    ReplyDelete